DeForest Library Endowment Fund
What is the Endowment Fund and Challenge Grant?
The DeForest Library Endowment fund is a long term investment in the future of our library and our community. The interest generated from the endowment fund will help fund programs, events, and/or purchase new (and ever-changing) technologies for the library and the community.
The DeForest Library was awarded a $50,000 endowment fund challenge grant from the Madison Community Foundation to help kick-start the library's major fundraising campaign to grow its new endowment fund, allowing the earned interest to more quickly become an alternative source of funds for new library programs and technologies for the future. This grant is a 2:1 challenge grant, meaning for every $200 raised, the library will receive an additional $100. This fundraising campaign will run until June 30, 2018.
Why Support the DeForest Area Public Library?
- The DeForest Area Public Library is an important and wonderful asset to the community.
- The library is a community based center for lifelong learning, and provides free computer use & WiFi, educational services, cultural events, and programs & activities for all ages.
- The DeForest Library has celebrated its 50th Anniversary and is planning for the next 50 years. The library needs alternative funding for the future to ensure it will be able to provide the services and technologies our community needs and wants.
Three Ways to Donate:
- Checks may be made payable to the DeForest Area Public Library. Please note "For Endowment Fund" on the check. The donation may be dropped off or mailed to:
DeForest Area Public Library
203 Library Street
DeForest, WI 53532
- Checks may be made payable to the Madison Community Foundation. Please note "For DeForest Library Endowment Fund" on the check. Mail to:
111 N Fairchild St. Suite 260
Madison, WI 53703
- Online donations may be made at:
Give to the DeForest Area Public Library Endowment
"Madison Community Foundation uses its local knowledge and assets to inspire giving, support meaningful initiatives, and connect people for the common good. Since 1942, foundation staff have helped people realize their philanthropic goals, allowing them to support charitable interests anywhere in the world. The community foundation also awards grants throughout Dane County to build communities. More information is available online at www.madisoncommunityfoundation.org”