The Friends of the DeForest Area Public Library provides valuable financial and volunteer support for the library.
- Help organize and assist with book sales and other Friends events; may include sorting and shelving books, setting up or taking down book displays, collecting money and making change, or assisting sale/event attendees.
- Provide volunteer support for library events and programs; may include serving refreshments, greeting attendees, helping with room setup and/or take down, moving supplies, or arranging program materials.
- Encourage gifts and bequests to the library, and raise funds for library programs, materials, and special projects.
- Pay an annual membership fee; various membership levels are available, beginning at $10 per year.
Work Environment & Equipment
- May be inside or outside work environment, depending on program or event.
- May involve using audio-visual, craft, or office equipment.
- May involve some bending and lifting (not required).
- May commit to a single program/event or more frequently (e.g., weekly, monthly).
- May be done during the library’s regular daytime, evening, or weekend hours.
- If unable to volunteer at scheduled time, must contact the President of the Friends organization.
Must enjoy working with people, have good customer service and organizational skills.
President of the Friends of the DeForest Area Public Library