Volunteer Job Description: Studio 203 Assistant
Provide support for drop-in activities in Studio 203, which is a space that changes frequently and is an engaging and attractive area designed to draw children and families in to do quick hands-on activities as they enter or exit the library.
- Help prepare materials for Studio 203 activities, which may include plastic, fabric, and paper arts, as well as activities for writers, photographers, and actors.
- On a weekly basis, maintain the Studio 203 materials (e.g., general organization and clean-up, sharpening pencils and crayons, replenishing supplies).
- Additional duties will vary by activity, but may include making copies, cutting out materials, helping with studio set up and/or take down, or demonstrating some activities.
Work Environment & Equipment
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- May involve using audio-visual, craft, or office equipment.
- A weekly or bi-weekly (every 2 weeks) commitment is preferred.
- May be done during the library’s regular daytime, evening, or weekend hours.
- If unable to volunteer at scheduled time, must contact Digital Librarian or Teen Services Librarian.
Must be friendly, enjoy working with people including children, enjoy crafts, and have good customer service and organizational skills.
Digital Librarian or Teen Services Librarian