Provide adult support and supervision for young adult events.
- Help chaperone 20 to 50 participants, ages 10 to 16, who come to participate in program activities, as well as socialize with one another.
- Be an adult presence, monitoring the area and helping participants make good choices regarding their behavior.
- Assist with event set-up; program participants are responsible for clean-up.
Work Environment & Equipment
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Craft, audio-visual, and computer equipment may be used.
- Occasional Friday evenings per month after the library closes for the day (after 5:00 pm).
- If unable to volunteer at scheduled time, must contact Teen Services Librarian.
- Previous experience with young adults, ages 10 to 16, is a plus.
- Ability to tolerate high noise levels and occasionally chaotic surroundings.
- Good sense of humor and calm demeanor.
- Technical skills are a bonus.
Teen Services Librarian